Monday, January 2, 2012

Too much fast food!


During my stay, I had to eat out every night. I didn't realize that would be so difficult. A lot of the teachers were very skeptical about going out. It turned out not to be so bad because there were so many options!I started off by going to the buffets in the mall. I didn't really pay attention to the price at first but I quickly noticed that I had to stop or my pockets would be emptied in a heart beat. The buffets had all types of basmati rices that came along with all types of sauces. Buryani chicken was my favorite with naan bread. They also had plenty of  drinks like Pepsi, Coke, Tea and Water. I had to stop eating there and many other vendors because the price was equivalent to about $9 per meal.
My McDonald's receipt
Fish restaurant receipt

When I'd go get something to eat in the afternoon and evening, I'd catch a cab with some co workers that also stayed at my hotel or with my friend L. My friend was great to go with because she was just like me, easy to talk to and a great listener. We would talk about our day and what we would be doing if we were back home in the states. In the afternoons, we typically went to McDonald's and KFC because they were so much cheaper. It cost about $4 per meal. I enjoyed eating the big macs at McDonald's and the fries and chicken at KFC.









After a week of eating out twice a day, I became very tired of eating those two meals. I then realized I should buy healthier snack items at the supermarket and eat those instead.

1 comment:

Merlyn said...

You really have a way of writing that makes the reader feel they are right there with you on your journey. Thanks for sharing and I can't wait to read the next one.