Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Teachers Housing

Door to the patio
A great view of the other apartments for teachers


 During the week of giving my resignation, the apartments were ready for the teachers to move in. My friend L asked me to come with her while she got her keys and checked up on the place. The apartment complexes are located near the border of Oman. A lot of teachers will have to cross there in order to renew their children's visas.









               
Half bathroom

Living room view

The view from my friends apt. That hole was pretty weird.

The teachers were upset about their apartments. Some of the teachers complained how they didn't want to be on the first floor next to the playgrounds. They didn't want to hear noisy crazy kids when they came home. I thought that was a horrible reason. First of all she was a teacher, how could she call the kids crazy? I laughed to myself at the things some people say a loud. Another teacher complained that she got the wrong amount of rooms. That reason made more sense but the rep for ADEC said it would take some time for her to get the appropriate amount of rooms. The worse was that some teachers had been waiting for months to get an apartment and wasn't even assigned one. My apartment was there and I was leaving. As usual there was a lot chaos just to get a simple task completed. In my opinion, ADEC has to learn a lot more on organization, priorities and follow up.


The border to Oman



The bus I rode with other teachers going to the apartment complex

1 comment:

Latifah Shamoun said...

Teachers Housing is one of the privilege when your in Abu Dhabi. That only means that everybody has their rights