Monday, February 13, 2012

Dubai Baby! cont'd

Can anyone say Road Trip?!









The ride to Dubai took us an hour and a half. I had a great time with L's sister and daughter. L's sister was such a character! We listened to Seal the whole way there to her daughter's chagrin. Her daughter is sixteen so you could imagine the misery she was going through listening to a 1998 Seal album. I personally love Seal's music so it was no problem for me.

On the way, to Dubai there was plenty of sand, sand and more sand. I saw sand dunes and baby camels! I was so happy to see them with my own eyes. We were driving along too quickly for me to take a snap shot of them. They were brown and their fur looked so soft. I wanted to stop the car and pet them.

I was able to get to know L's sister during the drive. She was such a girly girl. Dressed up with her nails and feet done, sun hat, fake eye lashes and make up. Every time I saw her she was the same way. She was color coordinated and her accessories all matched as well. She told me how in the states she had to leave and take the teaching job here. She was teaching at the same school for many years and didn't get much of a pay raise. She explained how her house was getting foreclosed on so she needed a fresh start. She is now able to save money and take care of herself and her daughter much better. Since she has her housing paid for here she has no reason to ever come back to the U.S. She is very happy living in Abu Dhabi.

Burj Khalifa
Cartier Store




While passing through Dubai, we saw many high rises to include the Burj Khalifa. It has 163 floors and is one of the tallest buildings in the world. I also noticed a lot of the buildings in Dubai weren't completely built. I heard they weren't completely built because of the recession. We finally arrived at our destination, the Mall! Abu Dhabi and Dubai are known for their shopping malls. We went to the Dubai Mall, which was the equivalent of three Aventura Malls (you Miami people know what i'm talking about)! I gasped on the inside how beautiful this mall looked. My camera died when I got to the mall so I was only able to take a picture of Cartier. Most of the stores were too expensive for me but at least I could drool from the outside. The mall also had an aquarium on the inside. We got a glimpse of it but didn't have the time neither did we want to spend the money. After walking for about an hour we decided to separate and buy something to eat at the food court. It took me over five minutes to decide what to eat. There were so many options! Their was like five types of Asian restaurants, six kind of american ones and about ten other types. I ended up getting Chinese food because the options were too great. I had chicken fried rice and egg rolls. My favorite!

Up next was our quick trip to the beach!




No comments: