Saturday, February 25, 2012

Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, OH MY!!


Ceiling in the lobby


Lobby

Concierge
The minute I arrived in front of the hotel, my breath was taken away. I couldn't believe how opulent the hotel was structured. Everything about this hotel was first class. The service was remarkably perfect. I couldn't and didn't have one bad thing to critique. Their color schemes, the decor and even the uniforms were perfect. 

I went up to the lobby to check in, to my surprise the man at the front desk didn't want to accept the photocopy of my Visa. I was scared that I'd have to pay for the hotel stay because it looked so expensive. I explained that I was leaving and that Nirvana was paying for my stay. I was so scared that I called my husband and told him what was going on. He told me we would just have to pay because I needed somewhere to stay. The man decided to call over the manager. I explained everything to the manager. I gave him the number to Nirvana and the problem was solved. I felt so lucky because you never know when good things can turn over for the worst.






Bathroom

Office Area



View from my room

He gave me my keys to my room and the bell hop told me he'd have my luggage in my room. I tried to tip him but he wouldn't accept the money. The lobby and hallways were amazing! The architecture was so amazing. I was in awe more and more as I took steps further. The elevator had a see through wall so I could see outside and the view was great. I took pictures of every corner of this hotel. I don't know if I'd ever see anything like that again. As, I approached my room, the bell hop was leaving my room. I slid the card through the slot and and opened the door to more beauty. I did a quick tour as i took some pictures. I loved the view and bathroom the most. I can't explain how impressed I truly was of this hotel. There was fresh complimentary fruits and water. The bathroom had bath salts, colognes and soaps for gratis too! I took a long relaxing bath then went outside to look at the water and find out what I could eat. The stairway to get down and go outside was beautiful. I went outside taking more pictures of the hotel because it was lit up so nicely. I went back inside to walk down the long hallway to get to the restaurants. I believe there was two or three restaurants but one was at a more decent price. I went to a restaurant that had pasta. I love pasta. The restaurant had a quiet ambiance. There was jazz type music playing as I walked inside. The hostess asked me how many people, I told her one. She directed me to a nice quaint two seated table. I was seated next to a long table area where some business men were seated. I ordered my food and ate it quietly. The food was so hot and full of flavor. I ordered a simple pasta dish and ate it quickly. I noticed some Emirate men approaching the table with the businessmen. They seemed to be having a late dinner meeting. I asked the waiter for my bill, once it arrived I paid immediately and made sure to leave a good tip. I went back to room, watched some television until I fell asleep.
Staircase down to restaurant areas



















The next day, I decided that I would go to the grand mosque. I ate the complimentary fruits and had water as my breakfast. I took a long bath to make sure I enjoy and savor that bathroom. It was so nice!  I got dressed into my long sleeve shirt, skirt and made sure to cover my head. I wasn't sure if I'd be allowed to go in with my hair out. Before I left, I made sure to take some more pictures and take a look outside before I left.

No comments: