Friday, February 24, 2012

Pick up

The next day, I woke up early because of anxiousness of thinking will I get my phone call soon. I went outside  to the balcony to feel the hot breeze. I had also washed by hand some of my clothes the night before. I had put them out to dry on the balcony rails and chairs. It was WAY too expensive to have the hotel do it so I did it myself. The was a breeze that was so warm as the sun was beaming hot rays onto my skin. I took all of my clothes down and went back inside. I watched some television, the cartoons and music videos were very interesting. I like to try and do new things so I enjoyed the new experience of watching the foreign music videos. I saw the Arabic sword dances and lots of Moroccan videos. As the time passed, I realized maybe the phone call wouldn't come. Finally, my phone rang! I answered it quickly to Omar from ADEC immediately apologizing. He said he had forgot me and was having a man name Ahmed pick me up at 14:00. I was so happy! I had everything ready so I just made some final checks to make sure I didn't forget anything.
I got a call a little before 14:00 by Ahmed that he was in route he told me he'd be there soon. Once he arrived, he grabbed my luggage to put into the van. I got in and realized I was by myself. I didn't like that idea at all but I had my phone with me just in case.

Saying "deuces"


 The ride was very quiet and long. The driver tried to make small talk but I wasn't interested in talking to him at all. I was afraid if I spoke to him that he'd become too friendly. During the drive, I took pictures hoping to take one of some camels but to no avail. I didn't see a single camel on our two hour drive. Once I got home I realized all of my pictures looked the same. Sand, sand and more sand. The most interesting  thing to look at were the trees.   





 After an hour had passed, the driver needed to make a stop at the gas station. He asked if I wanted anything, I said no thank you. He shrugged like, oh well and went in. He came back pretty quickly and seemed to drive at a faster pace. We arrived in Abu Dhabi!! He got lost trying to find the hotel. He asked several people for directions until he decided to call for help. He was able to call Omar who helped him get there. As we pulled up, I nearly gasped at how beautiful this hotel appeared!




No comments: